Languages: Spanish, English.
VICENÇ GILETE, M.D., (abbreviated CV)
MEDICAL AND NEUROSURGICAL EDUCATION
• Medical Degree (MD). Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona (1985-1991).
• Neurosurgeon after completing Neurosurgical Residency Training at the Neurosurgery Service in Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain (1992-1996).
• MBA “Escuela Administración de Empresas (EAE)” On-line. (2002-2003).
• Spinal Surgeon, Medical Director & CEO. BISI Institute ( 2012-2014).
• Co-Founder and Director. Barcelona Spine Center. Private Neurosurgical practice (2008-2012).
• Private Neurosurgical & Spinal practice in Barcelona (H. Teknon, Hospital Asepeyo, Mutua Universal). 2003-2008.
• Neurosurgeon at Hospital de Mar, Barcelona (2003).
• Neurosurgeon at Hospital del Sagrat Cor-Quinta de Salut l’Aliança, Barcelona (1997-2002).
OTHER ACADEMIC MERITS:
• Instructor in several hands-on courses on: Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery.
• Surgeon’s Trainer in specific Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Techniques in Europe.
Dr. Gilete began his career as a Neurosurgeon after attending the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Barcelona, working together with some of the most renowned surgeons in Barcelona and Europe. As a neurosurgeon he became very intrigued once Medical Tourism started emerging in Barcelona as a new form of aiding more and more patients that couldn’t find an adequate or efficient treatment in their home country. Without too much effort, he was quickly recognized among his surgeon colleagues as an experienced Medical Doctor that could facilitate potential international patients in need of innovative and unique surgeries that could be performed in Barcelona. For that reason, he decided to co-found Barcelona Spine Center and later the Barcelona International Surgical Institute – BISI, developing a unique niche in Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery within the medical tourism environment in Barcelona.
With Dr. Gilete’s exclusive professional background, he is considered as one of Barcelona’s highly experienced professionals in Spine Surgery & Neurosurgery, as well as medical device design and its development. He is inventor of several patents in the neurosurgical field. He is currently developing a neurosurgical laser project.
In my many years of practicing medicine and operating on many complex serious cases, he has been introduced to a group of patients in Europe who suffer from what is known as connective tissue disorders, such as Ehler-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), Marfans and others. Our Team are Europe’s surgeons to offer lifesaving and improvement to quality of life with personal evaluation and surgical solutions to address these cases.
He realized that developing his activities in providing health solutions for individuals has become much more meaningful than ever. International patients looking for medical or surgical solutions can reach out to Dr. Gilete and count on him to advise them on the best results available for their health conditions.
Dr Gilete personally evaluates your unique case and gives you the best personalized solution to solve your problem.
With this website, Dr. Gilete invites you to learn more about other solutions other than the ones you have been proposed so far and maybe, just maybe we might have the perfect medical answer for your case. Give us a call or email us and be sure that Dr. Gilete will get back to you promptly.
News & Patients